Where are Jeeps Made?

2022 Jeep Life Electrified

 

 

Whether you’re an avid Jeep enthusiast or you’re interested in upgrading to a new Jeep, you’re likely familiar with the exceptional performance capabilities and head-turning designs that Jeep models have to offer. Although, you might be wondering, “Who owns Jeep?” Jeep is owned by Stellantis, which is headquartered in Amerstand, Netherlands. However, Jeep is known as an American brand and most of its models are manufactured in the U.S. Keep reading with Tim Short Chrysler of Middlesboro as we dive into the Jeep origin story. Then, stop by our showroom near Pineville to explore and test drive your favorite Jeep models!

Is Jeep Made in America?

Yes, Jeeps are primarily manufactured in the United States. More specifically, about 70% of a Jeep is manufactured with parts made in America, while the other 30% comes from other international facilities. The top Jeep manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and in other countries include:

  • Toledo Assembly Complex in Toledo, OH — manufacturers the Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Wrangler 4xe, and Gladiator.
  • Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit, MI — manufacturers Jeep Grand Cherokees.
  • Mack Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit, MI —assembles the 2022 Grand Cherokee L.
  • Melfi Assembly Plant in Southern Italy —assembles all North American and European models of the Jeep Compass.
  • Belvidere Assembly Plant in Belvidere, IL — has been producing the Jeep Cherokee from 2017 to the present.
  • Toluca Car Assembly in Mexico — assembles the Jeep Compass for North and Latin American markets.
  • Goiana Assembly Complex in Pernambuco, Brazil — designated assembler of the Renegade and Compass for Latin and South American markets
  • Ranjangaon Joint Venture Plant in Pune, India —along with plants in China, Brazil, and Mexico, this pant is an exporter of the Jeep Compass product line.
  • Brampton Assembly in Ontario, Canada —a former assembly plant for the first-generation Jeep Wranglers
  • GAC FCA Assembly Pants in China —sites in Hunan province and the Panyu District of Guangzhou are export hubs for the Jeep Cherokee, Compass, and Renegade.
  • Cordoba Assembly Plant in Santa Isabel, Argentina —produces Cherokees and Grand Cherokees for local markets.
  • Warren Truck Assembly Plant in Warren, Michigan — manufacturers the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer.

Shop for a New Jeep with Tim Short Chrysler of Middlesboro Near Ewing

Now that you know about the Jeep origin country, visit our showroom near Harrogate to check out the Jeep lineup in person. You can even order a new Jeep online! In the meantime, visit our CDJR research hub to learn more about the Jeep brand and its vehicles.

 

More from Tim Short Chrysler of Middlesboro

  • 2024 RAM 1500 Trim Levels

      Explore Pineville in style with the 2024 RAM 1500, which effortlessly blends rugged power with stunning design. Whether you’re navigating city streets or exploring off-road terrains, this vehicle is equipped to provide an unparalleled driving experience. Visit Tim Short Chrysler of Middlesboro to explore our new inventory in Middlesboro, or get in touch to book a test drive…

  • 2024 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity

      The 2024 RAM 2500 stands as a formidable workhorse, tailored for the demands of job sites in Pineville and the adventures of families in Harrogate who tow their gear to off-road havens. While the RAM 1500 impresses, the heavy-duty RAM 2500 takes capabilities to the next level, boasting powerful powertrains and robust drivetrains designed…

  • 2023 Jeep Renegade Colors

      When you choose to drive a 2023 Jeep Renegade in Pineville and Harrogate, you’re already making a bold style statement. This midsize SUV highlights iconic Jeep visuals while cutting a new path with its unique window shapes and bold wheel options. You can customize that statement to express your style with your choice of…

Tim Short Chrysler of Middlesboro 36.631552, -83.703720.